BELGIUM – 2017 Minimum Salary Increases for Work Permits
The Belgian government has announced a slight increase in the minimum salary requirements for Type B work permits and Blue Cards from 1 January 2017.
Minimum Salary Thresholds
- The minimum annual salary for highly skilled foreign nationals applying for Type B work permits will increase to €40,124 EUR, (from €39,824 EUR in 2016).
- The minimum annual salary for senior management and executive-level foreign nationals applying for Type B work permits will increase to €66,942 EUR (from €66,442 EUR in 2016).
- The minimum annual salary for Blue Card applicants will increase to €51,822 EUR (from €51,494 EUR in 2016).
- The Belgian government annually increases its minimum salary requirements for foreign nationals in line with inflation.
- Work permits are processed by the Belgian Regions: Flanders, Brussels, and Wallonia.
- Employers should review the salaries of any current and future foreign national employees sponsored for Type B work permits in Belgium.