The Netherlands Embassy would like to thank you for your continuous interest in The Netherlands.
To further improve our visa services, we are in the process of digitizing our visa handling services. So far, this has not resulted in changes in the submission process, however there is a consequence for the applicants in the coming months.
In order to upgrade our computer systems, we need to limit our visa handling capacity in the months of November and December 2019. The VFS appointment slots will therefore be reduced for both individual applications as well as group applications.
Although this is always the case, we do especially now encourage our applicants to apply well ahead of their intended travel date. Visa processing time will remain 15 days, however applications can be submitted up to three months before the travel date. Booking an appointment and applying well in advance allows the applicant ample time to correct irregularities in the application and guarantees a stressfree application process.
Long stay visas / residence permits / MVV
We would like to take this opportunity to introduce our courier service for long-stay visa applicants. Applicants living in India can have their passport with permit delivered by courier (DTDC) or by registered post. By opting for this courier service, the applicant have to visit the diplomatic mission only once, at the time of submission. The procedure for this service is explained below.
1. Arrange the courier service before you go to the diplomatic mission to submit your passport.
2. Call the DTDC courier service on +91 97 1100 1980 (Monday - Saturday between 10.00 - 17.00 hrs.);
3. If the courier service is available at your address, then DTDC will ask you to make an online payment of INR 700;
4. You will receive an airway bill number (AWB) via text message as soon as the payment has been made.
5. Write this AWB number down; you will need it at the time of application;
6. Print and fill the disclaimer form (annexed) and add it to your visa file;
7. Submit your application at the embassy in New Delhi or at the consulate-general in Mumbai and ask for a DTDC envelope. Write your address, passport number and AWB number on it in BLOCK LETTERS;
8. This envelope will be used to return your passport to the address mentioned on the envelope.